Any form of disease affecting your gastrointestinal system, begins with a toxic bowel. People with fewer daily bowel movements are allowing harmful toxic waste to accumulate inside their colon and bowel. This in turn, becomes a good breeding ground for some serious ailments. Infrequent and improper bowel movement can be seriously harmful to your health.
Constipation is a bowel disorder which results in the formation of mucoid plaque in the colon. While a very thin layer of mucoid plaque is dangerous for the body, an average American has many such hardened layers of mucoid plaque in their bodies. Bad diet is one of the primary reasons for this condition. A good colon cleansing program would aim to remove these mucoid plaques and bring you back to normal health.
Colon cleansing could begin at home. Start by changing to a balanced diet of raw fruits and vegetables, consume minimal cooked or processed foods, indulge in physical exercise and try to lead a stress-less life. Try to develop a regular defecation schedule which will help in getting rid of harmful toxins the most natural way. A good colon cleansing program should always begin by removing the toxic waste in your colon. Colon is the last portion of the food-processing unit in our body. Any attempt to detoxify the liver, blood, or lymph system without first cleaning a waste-filled bowel, you run the risk of recycling the excreted toxins back to your body. Have a fiber rich diet for colon cleansing at home.
A typical colon cleansing program would include :
- Fasting on water, juices, raw fruits and vegetables
- Probiotics – helps in replenishing the population of friendly bacteria which resides in your colon.
- Psyllium husk and/or flax seeds – flaxseeds absorb water and expand in the colon, allowing toxins and mucus to be removed. In addition, flaxseeds have been found to lower cholesterol levels.
- Bentonite clay – this is a type of edible clay that acts as a bulk laxative by absorbing water to form a gel inside the bowel. It attracts toxins and helps to carry them out of the colon.
- Salt water enema Natural Colon Cleansing Natural colon cleansing means following a colon cleansing diet along with taking some colon cleansing supplements including herbs which are known to destroy kill intestinal parasites and worms. This colon cleansing diet would contain digestive enzymes, probiotics (beneficial bacteria), herbs that stimulates liver, gallbladder and intestines. Psyllium husk or seeds, Cascara Sagrada, or flax seeds, or slippery elm, also form a part of the natural colon cleansing program.